How Green Are You?
Unless you’ve been living in a cave – or on the dark side of the Moon – for the last few years, you know what you ought to be doing when it comes to saving energy, helping wildlife and supporting ethical projects. So, do you do all you can, all the time, or is being eco-friendly just a part of your life – but not the be-all and end-all of it?
Have you ever wondered if you’re really as green as you think you are? If so, then here’s just the quiz for you. It’s only a bit of fun, of course, but it should help you start thinking about how much you do already – and whether you’re happy with that, or if you feel there’s anything more that you ought to be doing.
Work your way through these quick 12 questions and see just how green you really are. The answers are at the bottom – so enjoy finding out!
- a) Always.
- b) Mostly.
- c) Sometimes.
- a) Yes.
- b) No!
- c) Sometimes.
- a) Yes – loads.
- b) Yes, some.
- c) No, not really.
- a) None / one or two.
- b) About half.
- c) All of them.
- a) We put our bottles in the bottle bank.
- b) As much as we can.
- c) Most of what we can.
- a) We’ve got a bit of a wildlife corner, but it’s nothing special.
- b) I think we’ve got a bird box.
- c) We’ve got bird boxes, a wildlife area, a pond and loads of plants for bees and butterflies.
- a) By boat or train.
- b) On foot or by bicycle.
- c) By air.
- a) Walk or cycle.
- b) School bus.
- c) Car.
- a) Bath.
- b) Shower.
- c) Don’t care.
- a) Price.
- b) Was it made locally?
- c) Will the person I’m giving it to like it?
- a) If they avoid me, I’ll avoid them.
- b) A nuisance.
- c) An important part of the natural world.
- a) Once, maybe.
- b) Several times.
- c) I never take them; I always use my own bag.
- 29 to 36 – Deep Green!
- 19 to 28 – Emerald Green!
- 12 to 18 – Light Green!
1. Do you switch off your TV/computer/sound system at the wall?
2. When you clean your teeth, do you let the water run?
3. Do you grow your own food at home?
4. How many of your home’s light bulbs are low energy ones?
5. How much of your household waste do you recycle?
6. Do you have a wildlife friendly garden?
7. How did you travel to your last holiday?
8. How do you get to school?
9. Shower or bath?
10. If you’re buying a present, which matters MOST to you ?
11. How do you think of wasps?
12. How many times do you re-use the plastic bags shops give you?
RESULTS1. (a) 3 points (b) 2 points (c) 1 point
2. (a)1 point (b) 3 points (c) 2 points
3. (a) 3 points (b) 2 points (c) 1 point
4. (a) 1 point (b) 2 points (c) 3 points
5. (a) 1 point (b) 3 points (c) 2 points
6. (a) 2 points (b) 1 point (c) 3 points
7. (a) 2 points (b) 3 points (c) 1 point
8. (a) 3 points (b) 2 points (c) 1 point
9. (a) 2 points (b) 3 points (c) 1 point
10. (a) 1 point (b) 3 points (c) 2 points
11. (a) 2 points (b) 1 point (c) 3 points
12. (a) 1 point (b) 2 points (c) 3 points